‘Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la laa. ‘Tis the season to be jolly…’
Christmas in Cape Town 2013 is on its way! And with that in mind we thought it a good time to get into planning mode…
Whether it’s markets you love or the annual turning-on-of-lights ceremony, or even some general inspiration on what to expect from a Cape style Christmas, we’re sure you will find some ideas in our 2013 Festive Guide.
Cape Town Christmas Markets 2013
Remember, the list of Cape Town Christmas Markets for 2013 is correct at the time of going to press. Some changes may be made over the next month as dates are finalised and new markets added. We will do our best to update as we are informed of new details.
For starters, here is a list of markets that will be taking place over the festive season…
- Kamers Vol Geskenke, Webersburg Estate in Stellenbosch – 5 – 10 November
- Constantia Gift Fair, Brommersvlei Road – 6 – 10 November
- Rondebosch Potters Market, Rondebosch Park – 23 November
- Cape Gift Market, Sea Point Town Hall – 23 November – 7 December
- Cape Town Summer Market, VOC Company Gardens – 23 November – 30 December (excl 25 & 26 December)
- Constantia Waldorf Night Market, Spaanschemat River Road – 29 November
- Durbanville Night Market, Rust-en-Vrede Estate – 6 & 13 December
- Edgemead Christmas Market, Edgemead Town Hall – 6 – 23 December
- Durbanville Craft Day Market, Rust-en-Vrede Estate – 7, 14 & 21 December
- Gabrielskloof ‘Favourite Things’ Market, Gabrielskloof Estate in Botrivier – 13 – 14 December
- Kirstenbosch Craft Market, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – every Sunday, plus extra dates: 15 & 22 December
Annual Christmas Events in Cape Town
In addition to markets (day and night; regular and special festive editions) you can look forward to many other time-honoured Christmas events in Cape Town. Some of the best places to enjoy the festive magic each year include the following:
- Adderly Street in the CBD – Christmas Lights, night markets and more
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens in Newlands – carols by candlelight and Summer Concert Series
- V&A Waterfront – carols, late-night shopping, Wheel of Excellence and live music throughout the season
- Canal Walk in Century City – kid’s activities, gift wrapping services, late-night shopping and other events over the season
- Noordhoek Farm Village in False Bay – carols by candlelight, arts and crafts shopping, kid’s play areas and restaurants.
Over the course of the month ahead, we will be bringing you more Christmas events for 2013, as well as other ideas on how to stay busy this summer. Keep a look out on the blog to stay updated, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter!